The Tamworth Wellbeing & Cancer Support Centre (“We”) are a Charitable Incorporated Organisation registered with the Charities Commission under number 1136569. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
Tamworth Wellbeing & Cancer Support Centre
Data Protection Public Register number ZA219301
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://www.tamworth-wellbeing-cancer-support.com/privacy-policy. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
Cookies which could download: (Estimated length).
- __utmb Google Analytics (session)= 24-48 hours
- __utmc Google Analytics = length of session
- __utmz Google Analytics = 6 Months
- __utma Google Analytics =2 years
- __utmv – Facebook = 2 years
- __qca – Facebook = 5 years
- PREF* Expires after eight months (Youtube)
- VSC*expires at the end of your session (Youtube)
- VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE* expires after eight months (Youtube)
- remote_sid* expires at the end of your session (Youtube)
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information or services that you may have requested from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in future interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our services.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about changes to our services when you have been one of our clients or have opted in to receive such information.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tell Paula, the Centre manager by email to [email protected] or call us on 01827 899590.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Tamworth Wellbeing & Cancer Support Centre or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Tamworth Wellbeing & Cancer Support Centre, our clients, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of administration of the Centre.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Paula Da-Silva at [email protected].
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 which will go towards our charitable aims.